Thursday, May 6, 2010

FRANCE!

Well we are here and it's been a whole week. As most of you know Natali got an internship in Paris at the OECD. While she is there I am just kinda chilling at the house and helping the family with whatever I can. It's been great besides the fact that most the time I feel like I am in my first transfer on my mission again. There is a lot of head nodding and saying "oui" without having any idea of what people are saying. It is fun to roam around the little city of Evreux. It's actually pretty big compared to Eagar. I just go walking around and run my errands and stuff. I have learned a few things since I have been here. Quick story: I went to the store and learned that French grocery stores do not give you bags to put your stuff in. It is BYOB (Bring Your Own Bag). I went not knowing this, bought some stuff and had to walk the 8 blocks or so home holding all the stuff in my arms like an idiot. I learn fast though ;).
We'll keep you updated on anything else interesting that is going on here on the other side of the world.


Here I am in front of the Arc de Something (Not Triomphe)!

Natali and I in front of the OECD.

Au revoir.

5 comments:

  1. It sounds like so much fun already. I love adventures! I can't wait to see more pictures and here more stories. Have fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. By in front of the OECD, Reed meant the OECD is in front of us haha. Sorry you can't see it in this photo but we will post one soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi kids! Funny story Reed! Chad would love that policy about the bags, he loves buying all those 'green' reusable bags! He must have 15+, to bad I can't get one to you, sounds like you need one! What does OECD stand for and what exactly are you studing over there Natali. I know you probably told us, but please refresh us! Love you guys! MOM

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks fun- Yeah, what is the OECD? Wait, I know...

    Off-shore Experimental Cloning Division

    No, wait I think it was

    Official European Compassion Delegation

    Yeah, that was it.

    ReplyDelete
  5. When I worked at Joe's Main Street Market all of the european tourists would tell us "no bag please" because they thought we would charge them, they also couldn't believe we actually bagged their groceries for them. Haha weird. I am glad you guys are there safely!

    ReplyDelete