Wednesday, May 26, 2010

OWeed Lemarchand

I'll start out with 2 stories. Ines, the 6 year old asked her father how to spell "Oui." He told her and she said thanks and walked away. Later I saw this board with outfits for everyone. There was an outfit for the whole family; Thomas, Christine, Audrey, Celmence, Ines, Julien, Natali, and yes, Ouide.

Here is a video of the youngest child, Julien saying my name.


When Julien gets in trouble his mother calls him by his full name, Julien Lemarchandm. The other day Julien wanted me so he kept yelling my name. Then after a while he yelled "OWeed Lemarchand."

Natali and I have been able to see some sights while we have been here. Last week Natali got a few days off and we got to go to see a few places in Normandy before Natali got sick for the weekend. First we went to a place called Honfleur. It was a very beautiful town by the ocean. We went there with Clemence and took some pictures and enjoyed the pretty scenery.




Then we went to Trouville and Deauville. It was nice to have Natali for a day and see some of the pretty countryside.


Then on Saturday and Monday we were able to go to Paris and check out the sites there. We went to Le Louvre on Saturday and the Eiffel Tower on Monday. Le Louvre was amazing. The building itself was enormous and was breathtaking. We didnt get to spend too much time there because it closed earlier then we thought. The time we spent there was amazing though. We liked the statues the best.





We didn't really see what the big deal was with the Mona Lisa but we had to go see it. Here it is. It is behind glass and well protected. The other paintings seemed just as great as this one but they didn't get protection like the Mona Lisa.

Here we are at the Eiffel Tower.



It is fun seeing the sites of France with my wonderful wife! These are the highlights of Natali's life. She works so hard during the week. Last week she worked really hard on the "Who's Who" book for the big convention the OECD is having. She probably put 16 hours a day in for at least 3 or 4 days. Then this week is the big convention so she is having to go to work at 8 AM. That means she has to catch the train from Evreux at 6:20. She is working really hard. We met with her internship director on Monday and he said that she shouldn't be working like that the whole time so she should be able to get a day off once a week to work on her homework (yes she is still a student and has homework to do after work) and more importantly hang out with me ;)

I went and got a haircut today and was able to converse a little bit with the person cutting my hair. Also just a side note I am officially addicted to 24. I am almsot finishing season 2 right now. I knew I was addicted when I started thinking things like "That's how Jack Bauer must have felt" or "David palmer was a great President." Although I am admitting my addiction i have not taken any steps to overcome it. Once I am done with season 8 I am willing to go get the necessary help.

5 comments:

  1. The post was great. Cool pictures. La dee da. But are you really wearing a sweater draped over your shoulders Reed? Tied in a knot? What has France done to you? Sweet mercy. Looks like fun! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love the name story!! Cracked me up. Very cool sites. Reed you do look like a J Crew model. Good job with all your hard work Natali.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great pictures! I love the "giants" standing next to the Eiffel Tower :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Reed was wearing a preppy sweater? Ha I didn't even notice. Very cool pics and the kids not being able to say your name is very funny. Reminds me of Reed not being able to say his own name til he was like 8.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha hey hey stop that. You guys are gonna make him stop wearing his sweaters like that! I happen to find it extremely attractive :-D.

    ReplyDelete