Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Post TIme

Well Tami's post about ketchup... or catching up inspired me to do the same. I was looking through our pictures and saw that we didn't post about a lot of cool stuff that has happened the last few months.
Natali and I went to the Festival of Colors in Spanish Fork at the Sri Sri Radha Krishna Temple. It is an Indian celebration to commemorate the coming of spring. So here is what happens in a nutshell: Everyone gets lots of packets of paint, they start a countdown, then everyone throws the paint into the air and onto all those around you. Meanwhile there was a band that must have forgot all the other words to the songs they sang because they sang "Hari Krishna Hari Krishna, Krishna Krishna Hari Hari" over and over again. Anyway, Natali and I showed up just after they sold out of the packets so that was a bummer but it was still very interesting.


Then April came and we all know what that means... TUCANOS! Yep Natali once again spoiled me as an early birthday present and took me to Tucanos, BRazilian Grill. Man I love that place. Who wouldnt love rice, beans, farofa, vinegrete, and all you can eat meats? Anyway, It was great. Thanks baby!


Natali spoiled me on my birthday. I got breakfast in bed, good Aqua Di Gio cologne, and the last season to Prison Break. Natali alos let me choose a manly meal for my birthday dinner so we went out to Fuddruckers and got the 1 pound burgers. My parents got me some much needed contacts, and my in-laws got me some nice shirts. I had to take a picture of the shirt that Dan gave me. On the back it says "Eagar is on fire."
Then Natali Graduated!!! Well she won't be officially done until August when her internship is over but she got to walk. She graduated with a Major in Print jounalism and a minor in Political Science. Everyone seemed so happy to be out of school but Natali was sad to see it go. She loves learning and the college experience. Here are some of her academic acoomplishments (I'm gonna write them as far as I know and I might be little worng but Natali wouldn't let me post them if she knew). She has held a scholarship for all 4 years of her college degree and hasn't had to go a penny into debt to graduate. She has a GPA of 3.85. WHile maintaining this high GPA she has also held numerous jobs. The one she loves the most is being able to teach American Heritage. She taught for 2 full years and is an amazing teacher. This last year she was able to maintain her GPA while working 2 jobs (American Heritage and Newspaper Photographer), planning a wedding, and putting up with me trying to distract her ;) I probably left a lot off that I should have put on here because she has done soo much during her 4 years at BYU. Good job baby and I love you!
Natali's parents came for her graduation and it was really nice of them to come and support her.
After the graduation we went up to Salt Lake with Natali's parents and had a dinner and a movie with Dana and Jason. We watched Clash of the Titans in 3-D. It was a nice evening spent with great people. Thanks again Dan and Launa for everything.
Now we are here in France. Here are just a few little things that I didn't post. Thomas and his friends went karting and they invited me to go. We went in a group and got paired up into teams. The go-karts were actually pretty powerful and fast and really fun to drive. We trained for about an hour and then had a 40 minute race. Natali was a good sport and went and watched me tear up the racetrack in my sweet racing suit.
While I was in Brasil I bought a hammock that I haven't really been able to hang up since I have been home. I got really excited to come to France when I learned that the family has a yard with trees big enough to hang a hammock from. Here it is. This is the greatest thing on a nice day to sit back and relax in my hammock. The kids really love it too!



And last but not least, I have learned a new sweet skill that I have. Here is a video to prove my awesomeness (even though no prrof is really needed because it is just accepted as a fact;)




(The white stuff is whipping cream)



3 comments:

  1. Nice post! Its great seeing what you two are up to! Natali, congratulations on all your wonderful accomplishments! You do work hard and we are proud of you too! Sorry we didn't come support you at your graduation. Good trick Reed!Who won in the go-kart race??

    ReplyDelete
  2. You two are busy little bee's!! Very exciting. Good for Natali! You are a stud too brother!! love ya! say hi to paris for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I didn't realize how busy Natali has been. Congratulations on your graduation! Very bittersweet for sure. I felt like that last year when I was done. Onto the next step in life!

    ReplyDelete