Tuesday, August 6, 2013

The Lake!--Sand Hollow Reservoir and Quail lake

First of all, this blogpost is about the photos. I'll try to give some explanations here and there but really, the photos are the feature presentation :-). This summer we were lucky enough to be able to go to the lake a number of times with my sister Dana and her husband Jason on their new boat. We always had a blast. Unfortunately, due to studying for the bar and otherwise being busy, we were unable to go as much as we wanted to but we still made some great memories :-).

These first pictures were taken one beautiful Friday evening on the lake when myself and two of my sisters got in a random picture taking mood. It started with my little sister Tracie modeling for some instagram shots and then Dana and I wanted to join the game :-). We actually took an embarrassingly large number of pictures but let's pretend we only took these two haha. This silhouette one is overly dramatic haha but I think it's a really cool photograph anyways! I'm in the middle on the silhouette one in case you can't tell :-).

TUBING
Next up are a number of pictures we took on a Saturday when Jaimee (my marine sister) came to visit for the weekend. The water was choppy so we mostly just tubed. I usually love tubing but we tied the rope on the boat instead of the tower and I realized I don't like that quite as much because you don't get as much air and you get splashed in the face more. Also, the water was (in my opinion) freezing. In these first pictures with Reed and Tracie, I love that as Tracie starts to fall off, you can see Reed reaching out to try and save her. Although he was unfortunately not successful, I still think it's cute that he tried :-).
You will see that Jayden was obviously pretty proud of himself for staying on longer than Sam during the first run :-). They both got thrown epically off the tube during the second run but we didn't capture that on camera (thank goodness because my mom probably would not have liked seeing how high Jayden flew :-S).
There are SO many awesome photos of everyone on the tubes but I'm trying not to overload the blog with too many photos, so I'm having to just use a few from each run. But know that it breaks my heart.

Other Random Lake (and after-lake) Shots: First is of my sisters and me after getting home from the lake. After that is a shot of me wakesurfing (or trying) for the first time. I actually got up on my first try and stayed up for a decent amount of time. After the first attempt I was able to stay up pretty easily but was always too chicken to let go of the rope. Maybe another time... 
























This last shot is a pretty cool one of Reed wakeboarding...though this was taken AFTER he split his head open doing a flip on the wakeboard so I don't know why he is so high...he promised he wasn't going to be crazy anymore :-/.
Anyways, I think that is enough of the lake pictures. We have had so much fun going with Dana and Jason to the lake this summer. Thanks for taking us you guys!! 

Hopefully another blog is coming soon because we are trying to get caught up before we leave for Europe!

1 comment:

  1. You're welcome!!!! Wish you weren't moving to Dallas so it would be easier to do it next summer too :( ..... Guess you'll just have to come visit :)

    ReplyDelete