Monday, January 17, 2011

Anticipation

Anticipation seems to be one word that describes a lot of my life. Right now I'm living in anticipation of the day I will get my grades back from last semester and I'm so worried about it I can't even sleep! Which is ridiculous because there is absolutely nothing I can do about it at this point. I tell Reed that as soon as I get grades back, I will be much happier because I will be able to stop living in worry and anticipation.

But...well I guess I told him that last semester when I was living in anticipation of finals. And hmmm...again before that when I was worrying about whether or not I would get into law school. And before that, while worrying whether or not I would get an internship in France...and before that when worrying about taking the LSAT, and before that when worrying about wedding planning etc...

So I think that's my one goal for the new year is to try to live my life in the moment rather than anticipating the day I will start enjoying my life. I have a tendency to say..."Well I just have to get through _______ and THEN my life will really start." But the fact is, there will always be something I can worry about, anticipate and spend all my time on. It would be such a waste if I realized at the end of my life that I missed all of my todays waiting for tomorrows.

I've actually never been one for New Year goals because I don't like doing something just because everyone else does it haha. So maybe that's why I have waited until January 17th to set a goal. Nobody sets goals on January 17th right? :-).

Anyways, everyone knows the only reason people read blogposts is for the pictures so I guess I will post a nice picture we took over Christmas so my blog isn't pointless :-).

6 comments:

  1. I don't think your blog is pointless without a picture!! But I think that's an awesome goal!! I have a similar problem where I stare at the clock and plead for it to go faster in church, class, etc. But I really don't have anything important to do, I just am anticipating leaving. So I think I'm going to follow your role and have a similar anticipation goal.
    p.s. we miss you guys. we should get together again sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've always been the same way; living in the future rather than enjoying the present. I have to consciously try not to. Good luck with that goal this year. Knowing you, I'm sure you rocked last semester. Good luck with this new semester of law school.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good post- good advise to yourself and good picture! Do I see signs of a moustache and a ? on Reed? I've never seen any facial hair on my little boy!! Oh that's right, he's not so little anymore!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very nice picture Natali, you look beautiful and I think this is a wonderful example for me because sometimes I know I feel the same way! Let us know how you did on finals, even though I am sure you did great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. love the picture! I know what you are saying with living life in the moment. I'm guilty of this too. I spend my entire week waiting for the weekend to come.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Guessing by this post that you received my emails with all of the pictures, because I never heard either way. lol.

    ReplyDelete