Thursday, April 15, 2010

Life changing discovery

Now why on Earth am I taking time out of my super busy finals week to blog about tortillas? They are THAT good. No seriously. Who even knew tortillas could taste like this? I have compared them to Cafe Rio and Rancheritos but frankly I think they are even better. You can find them at Costco. They are not pre-cooked but it really only takes a matter of seconds to cook them. My brother taught me the key to cooking them JUST right: impatience. Yes, that's right. Turn the heat on way high, let the pan heat a little and then, no matter what your premonitions tell you, flip the tortilla every 5 seconds (or 3 even) until it gets a couple dark brown spots on it. Pull it off the pan and enjoy. Oh Tortilla Land company, you are inspired. I know people always say that things are like the best invention since sliced bread...but these tortillas really are. In fact, you probably won't be eating anymore sliced bread at your house once you give these a try. Well, I would go on about this but I can't...I just can't keep talking about these tortillas, it's killing me, I need to go make another.


P.S. you can find them at Costco for sure...but I also heard they are sometimes available at Walmart

4 comments:

  1. I hope they're at Wal-Mart, because the closest Costco to New Orleans is 268 miles away

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they may also be at Sam's Club?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha that is funny because we Loooooove these tortillas too! Can't wait to see you guys next week-

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for the great news about torillas! I think I had them once, but I thought the people had made them. We're going to Mesa this week, Costco, here we come!

    ReplyDelete