Thursday, September 12, 2013

Hallstatt

On our way from Salzburg to Vienna we really wanted to visit this little lakeside village tucked away in the Austrian mountains called Hallstatt (a few friends had highly recommended it to me). I was SO excited for Hallstatt and particularly excited to take a little row boat out on their lake as one of my friend's had done because her pictures were amazing and it just looked SO romantic. I was rather devastated to wake up to pouring rain that morning that didn't let up until we arrived in Vienna. Needless to say, rowboating was out of the question. But we still visited Hallstatt and I think it was very much worth the hype. Even in the pouring rain I was still enchanted by it. It has probably the most charming village center I have ever seen. Even it's graveyard was perfectly manicured and beautiful. I would love to go back someday when the sun is shining to really enjoy this beautiful little town.

Nothing better than hot tomato soup after being soaked in the rain:

 Hallstatt town-square:
Beautiful little graveyard:
Let us take a moment to look at my sad little rowboat and mourn what might have been :-(...
After Hallstatt we continued on to Vienna. Our room in Vienna was delightful and in the perfect location. We arrived pretty late to Vienna though so we just settled in for a good night's sleep before starting our Vienna adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment