Saturday, October 1, 2011

Dallas

So I have finally finished interviewing for 2012 summer associate positions. It has been crazy. For the past month and a half I have spent almost every Thursday and Friday flying around for interviews. Since my first interviews were in the summer time, Reed and I decided to make a vacation out of my week of interviewing in Dallas. So here are some pictures of our time in Dallas. Oh and BTW, after spending much time considering our different options we have decided to spend the first half of next summer in Palo Alto and the second half in Dallas so that I can compare my two top firms and we can both compare the different areas etc. Reed might actually spend the bulk of the summer in Palo Alto and I will go to Dallas alone if he gets an internship that wants him for longer than 7 weeks. We are really excited about the opportunity to discover both areas. I have been so blessed to get offers from the firms I did, all of them were really great firms and it was a hard choice. But I'm extremely grateful that it was a choice I had to make since it's so difficult to get any job offers in this economy.

Dallas- I wish I had gotten better photos of the city and especially of the freeway system in Dallas because it's seriously like a spider web but supposedly it works really well at keeping traffic quite minimal for a big city.
   







Dallas Arboretum- We loved walking through these incredible botannical gardens in Dallas. It was pretty hot while we were there (it was during the time when Dallas was setting a record for the most consecutive days over 100) but we went a little earlier in the morning so it was not too bad. Inside of the arboretum there are a bunch of little houses/huts etc to show the story of some of the history of Dallas.






We also braved the heat to go to Six Flags in Dallas. We didn't like it as much as Six Flags Magic Mountain, particularly because it was SOO hot (which is why we went on a water ride almost immediately and got soaked) and also cause it's a lot older so some of the rides gave us a bit of a headache. We felt like old people when we were ready to leave after just 3 hours :)...we held out a little longer and managed to stay for about 4.5 hours but we were EXHAUSTED when we finally left.

5 comments:

  1. Natali! Congratulations on your options! I'm so happy you get to intern where you want next summer!
    And I love the pictures, you and Reed are adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Aww your trip looks so fun! We really want to go there some day together. Congrats on your internships they both sound like amazing experiences! You are so smart Nat!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So happy that things are working out for you guys. All your hard work will pay off! We are going to Dallas the end of Oct for the BYU game, any suggestions on what we should see??

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great pics! Fun trip! I was thinking that when I flipped through them earlier this week on FB. I am happy for your internship opportunity! Yay! I was just talking about you the other day at work. I was cleaning a lawyers teeth and we got to chatting and I proudly announced that my sister in law is at the top of her law class! ;)

    ReplyDelete