Monday, July 19, 2010

Some more Paris pics

A week or so ago I picked up Natali from work and we were able to see a few things in Paris. We found a couple of cool buildings. From what I understood this building with Natali is where the President stays so it is kind of like the French White House.

This building was just down the road from the other building.

We found this cool bridge that Natali could have stayed at for hours taking pictures of it.


>

We also took a trip to Paris with the Family on a Saturday. We went and saw Notre Dame. Below is the family: Thomas and Christine are the parents, and from left to right Ines (7), Clemence (10), and Julien (4). It was fun to go with the family somewhere and see them running around and playing.




We finally went and saw the real Arc de Triomphe so that I wouldn't call every single arched building the wrong thing. It had a lot of detailed statues around it that were really big and cool to see.


The kids are finally out of school and I watched them for a week before the family all took off for vacation. They come back on Sunday so I will have my hands full again soon. The family has this inflatable pool that we filled up and we went "swimming" about every day when they were here. I'll have to take a picture of the pool later.

Natali has also introduced me to some musical culture. Since we have been here we have seen 2 musical shows: The Lion King, and Les Miserables. The Lion King had amazing costumes and stage scenes. The lions would do this weird sideways claw thing when they got mad that I am trying to immitate. It was in French so it was hard to get all of the jokes and details of what they were talking about but it followed the movie so I knew what was going on most of the time.


Les Miserables was really good and had some really good singers in it. Natali loved this one and we had better seats than for the Lion King so that helped. Natali got emotional a few times during the play because they had some really talented people. This one was in English so I could understand it.

5 comments:

  1. les miserables?? I am jealous!! That's one of my favorite musicals! it looks like you too are having a blast! i love the pictures!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have always been in love with Notre Dame! So jealous!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks like you saw some more neat places!

    ReplyDelete
  4. We miss you two! I loved all the pics of Paris, now I feel like I don't have to go there to see all these places! When do Natali's parents come? Reed, it sounds like you could use Chad over there to help out with the kids! LOVE YOU, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loved the post... you two seem to have quite the tour going on over there.

    Favorite moment: "we also celebrated the French, independence/revolution/prison break/they don't actually know what they are celebrating, National Holiday". How do you celebrate countless revolutions that eventually led to the rule of Napoleon and the expansion of the French empire? I would be confused too. Good thing I'm American.

    ReplyDelete